I was contacted by a company called eShakti to do a product review. My budget-imposed shopping celibacy is somewhat tiresome (no post-pregnancy wardrobe additions = sad face), so I was really excited to get a new dress.
The company offers clothes in sizes 0-26W, and custom tailoring for an additional $7.50. I was impressed when the media representative emailed me, saying that “Built-in online customization tools allow women to modify original fashions to fit their size, shape and personal style. Unlike traditionally-tailored clothing, eShakti’s incredibly quick turnaround time allows customers to receive their custom-made look within a week of ordering!”
I decided I’d give them a try. So many cute dresses to choose from! It was tough, but I settled on “Her Fifties Sundress” in peacock blue. Being on the tall side (5’10”) and having somewhat uncommon proportions, I’m not well-suited for off-the-rack shopping (but let’s be honest, who really is?). I opted for the custom sizing and carefully took the appropriate measurements to input into the form.
Thanks be to my husband for the lovely Head-less Shot!
- I love the color and the shape of the dress. The cotton poplin fabric is exactly as it stated it would be.
- The dress is made relatively well – there are no raw edges or other defects.
- It is long enough for me, which is a pretty big deal in itself.
- It looks pretty cute on me, post-alterations.
- I heard that they have a generous return policy.
Holy Extra Strap, Batman!
- I ordered on June 20th and got my dress on July 10th. Twenty days isn’t exactly my idea of “within a week,” but perhaps if it hadn’t been complimentary it would have come sooner. Make sure if you’re ordering for an important event that you give yourself enough time, just in case.
- They didn’t include one important measurement: the length of my torso. I may be 5’10”, but sitting down you’d never know it because all my height is in my legs. The straps were MUCH too long and I had to take them up.
- Email communication dropped off after my order; some of my emails went unanswered.
Wrinkly, but nice for a simple sundress.
- Cotton poplin + pleats? What was I thinking? This dress is an ironing nightmare.
- I think the pleats make me look bottom heavy and the sweetheart neckline was slightly more rounded on one side than the other, but that’s kind of getting picky.
- (Both of these things were ultimately my fault; I should have looked more closely at the picture and I would have noticed that the skirt was pleated, not gathered, and looked for something different. Whoops).
I think that eShakti holds promise for people who have sizes that fall outside of “normal,” (whatever that is). The styles are cute. If you find something you like through July 31st, use the code NX26ETT at checkout for an extra 10% off (but it isn’t valid on overstock purchases). Happy shopping!