Getting a blogging award is like having a random (not-creepy) person on the street stop, give you a big hug and tell you that you’re awesome. Getting two blogging awards is like having a unicorn give you a big box of Godiva. Being nominated three times…well I’m on an ego high and looking to share! I’d like to yell a huge THANK YOU to Angel of Just Call Me Miss DIY, Angelique of InHouse Mum, and my trench-sister at High Needs for awarding No Telly, No Trouble with the Sunshine Award and the Versatile Blogger Award! They keep me entertained with arts, craftiness, and sanity and you should go check them out.
First, the Sunshine Award, for bloggers that inspire.
- What is your favorite color? Yellow! Like sunshine! And smiling! Smiling is my favorite.
- What is your favorite animal? I love watching birds, but when it comes to cuddles my dog is the best. Not dogs in general, though…just mine.
- What is your favorite number? I bet psychology books have something to say about the number 1.
- What is your favorite non-alcholic drink? Chai tea latte. See, I told you, Angel! (We are apparently long-lost twin sisters or something).
- Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Prefer is a strong word. I use Facebook more often…but I am not thrilled with online social networking in general.
- What is your passion? Can I only have one? I’ll say teaching because it embodies a lot of what makes me myself. It’s not just a career, it is life.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? I often feel inexplicably awkward receiving presents, although I love and appreciate them – especially if it shows thought, time or effort. I love giving presents, though I am a perfectionist and tend not to give anything rather than give something I don’t feel 100% about. Yeah, yeah, I know, working on it…
- What is your favorite pattern? Polka dots.
- What is your favorite day of the week? Saturday (known to Little Girl as “Pancake Day“)
- What is your favorite flower? Daisies, or mums that look like daisies. They are sweet. I also love the scent of lilacs.
Now you should check out these blogs that inspire me:
- Lee Gets Crafty – she is learning to craft with flair. And she has a bunny.
- Mayahood – she speaks Hebrew and has a ridiculously cute son.
- A Mom Inspired – mom of boys; gardener, recipe-giver and recently gluten-free.
- Going Dutch – makes me want to “go Dutch” myself.
- Baker Bettie – cookies! Cookies! Cookies!
And next, the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Smart Family Finance – great resources for strained family budgets.
- The Middlest Sister – quite possibly the coolest illustrations on the internet.
- The Family Consumer – collection of quirky news stories and family quips.
- 20 Something Budget – finance, budget and housekeeping tips for non-finance folks.
- A Detailed House – for the architecture-loving Pinterest user.
And now, 5 things about myself, for your entertainment:
- I play 13 musical instruments with competence, and two of those quite well.
- I once traveled around Italy alone. I have no idea what I was thinking.
- Painting is one of my favorite things to do, but I’m too lazy to get paints out when I finally have free time.
- I had a crush on Captain Picard as a kid.
- I love black licorice. Fortunately for me, my husband hates it, so I get all of it!